Thursday, January 13, 2011

Lazy Days in Salt Lake

Days off are fantastic.

This semester I have class on two days.
Monday: 11:30-7pm
Wednesday: 11:30-2:45

The rest of the week, I have to do nothing since I'm not working right now. It is one of the most fantastic semesters I've ever had. I love it so much even if I'm not particularly fond of my classes. Oh well, I'm almost done and you can't always love everything that you're doing in school, right?

What did I choose to do with my day today? Well in all reality, very very little. The big thing I did was wake up and went for a run with Oakley. I did my usual loop that I've been doing for a while, although I haven't done it since it started snowing. This consists of from my house to 9800 south along 2200 west, then from 2200 to 2700 and then back to 10400 south and back home. All in all it's about 3 miles or so. Before today I've always been able to get roughly halfway before I felt like my lungs and legs were about to explode. Today I hit that halfway point and just kept going. I was expecting to hit my wall a little bit after but it never came. I completed this full loop without stopping or walking once! It was a huge accomplishment for me. Never did I think I'd be able to do this, let alone in the 40 minutes that I did do it.

My stamina is definitely increasing and it feels good. I need the snow to melt though so that I can get on my bike! I have to do the 26.2 mile bike tour at the Salt Lake City Marathon this year! It sounds like so much fun and I want to do it. I need to start getting bike legs. I really need to find a spinning class that I can attend regularly. I have a body built for biking, strong calves and thighs. I need to take advantage of it. Being in shape is one of the greatest feelings I've ever had and I never want to let it go.

Other than going for a run today I decided to start taking pictures again. I get discouraged since I think that pictures need to be of pretty things out in nature or somewhere exotic. I decided though to force myself to take 30 pictures in my own backyard. I did so with a lot of different settings and angles and then wanted to practice my Photoshop skills with my best pictures. Here are the 4 I chose:

Puppy


Winter

Warmth

Childhood

3 comments:

Unknown said...

aaron! that is so inspiring about your run. i wonder if i could ever reach that point with running... haaaaaaaaaate it. need to do it.

Cindy Roberts said...

Good job, bear! Love your pictures too.

Emily said...

Puppy is so cute!