Sunday, December 28, 2008

so this is the new year

fooled you.....this isn't actually a normal end of year post

weird times for sure...like really

lots of learning

lots of pain

lots of happiness

not as much positive as i'd hope

you gotta know when to hold em.....gotta know when to fold em

it's that point in my "game" that i need to fold em

just walk away and run

it's just not my thing and it was fun while it lasted

i may have lost this battle but in the end i'll win the war

with that said, i gotta know when to hold 'em

found some things to "hold" and i don't plan on letting them go

Goals for 2009: (list i came up with)

ski 50+ days this season (12 currently)
-ski the bowl
-huck a cliff
-ski at least 3-6 times a week
get down to 240
get at least a 3.0 this semester
hike timp by the end of the summer
move out
pay off my truck
keep up my vegetarian ways
dread my hair (optional)
grow a beard (pending)
stay at Backcountry.com
-get employee of the month
learn to flyfish
learn to rock climb/boulder better
backpack/camp at Brighton at least 2 nights
go mountain biking more
don't eat fast food (unless on vacation)
buy a dog
coach austin's (my cousin's) football team
make my own hoodie
develop a new dish (cooking)
learn something NEW

*IMPORTANT*
Stay positive
No breakdowns
Enjoy my family
Keep good influences in my life
Be a good son, brother, cousin, nephew and friend
STAY HAPPY
Change in body, mind, emotions and spirit


kind of lame but instead of a new year's resolution, it's more of 2009 goals

some are going to be hard and will need assistance along the way from good people in my life

some are going to involve pushing away

good things come in small packages/subtle ways

things happen for a reason, karma karma karma

you're more impactful than you might think

it's always in the back of my head

i wouldn't give any of it up...even the bad

made me learn

....might be too late

i'll be doing my best and i'll see you soon...

amazing the emotion that i feel

my family is wonderful

more respect than i could imagine

i never want to let you down

somewhere a clock is ticking...

i need something to look forward to

in between isn't a good state

you're so much like me....i'm sorry

it was a sad christmas for me too bro

i'm happy you didn't follow me in all ways

being a role model feels good

i'll keep an eye on them

let me tell you the years go by and we're still fighting it

7/11 hot chocolate isn't as near as good as starbucks

you make me laugh

enjoyable to say the least

so weird to be back here

therapy for the mind

snow is beautiful, calm and romantic

i needed that, i need it

soothe my soul





i love you all, goodnight

peace and love.

-aaron

No comments: